4 MB DRAM internal memory expansion for CPC6128.
- Its first 512 Kbyte are compatible with external memory expansions (Dk'tronics, Inicron RAM expansion, SYMBiFACE II etc.), using port #7Fxx (see Standard Memory Expansions).
- Its first 2 MB are compatible to RAM7's 2 MB expansion.
- The whole 4 MB can be used trough ports #78xx to #7Fxx (see CPC4MB Page, for futher details).
- the expansion connects to the PAL inside the 6128.
- all configuration codes are supported (0-7) and work exactly as they do in a 6128.
- I/O port decoding is: 0xxxxbbbxxxxxxxx (confirmed by TFM) where bbb are 3 bits of the bank. The other 3 bits are from the data decoded as 11bbbccc and ccc the configuration code. Yarek's site recommends that bits A14,A13,A12,A10 are set to 1 to avoid conflict with other hardware.
- Currently, CPC4MB is supported by FutureOS version .8 or higher
- The 4 MB E-RAM Test: Media:E-RAM_Test_2014.zip
- Giana Sisters Remake
- Captain Future Video Demo
- The first MB of the 4 MB expansion (&7Fxx, &7Exx) is supported by SymbOS version 2, but buggy.
Altrough CPC4MB can be ordered fully assembled (even with mounting on a CPC board), there's still a download of PCB design on CPC4MB page, if you want to DIY.
See also the list of memory expansions for the CPC