News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

How To Convert YM file to PT3?

Started by EgoTrip, 22:24, 11 September 14

Previous topic - Next topic

EgoTrip

Jonah mentioned on the shoutbox there is a chip tune contest:

http://www.aamsx.com/noticiaEN.php?id=141

I am wondering how you would go about converting a .ym file that Arkos Tracker exports, to .pt3 which is the recommended file format on the contest?

TotO

Or you can use Vortex Tracker 2 to compose your tune...
The SyX's CPC player replay it for 3 and 6 channels tunes. :D
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

tastefulmrship

Quote from: EgoTrip on 22:24, 11 September 14
I am wondering how you would go about converting a .ym file that Arkos Tracker exports, to .pt3 which is the recommended file format on the contest?
(If any of this is wrong, then I apologise for the mistake!)
.ym files are simply streams of PSG values.
.pt3 files are tracker format files (like .mod on Amiga or .aks .sks .128 . boo etc on CPC).

If you are planning to use Arkos, then just export as .ym and submit that. AYEmul can easily play that file and so will be accepted by the compo.

However!
TotO's solution is better, as VortexII is a very powerful PC tracker and supports 6 channel tunes... excellent for the new AY add-on!
It would be nice to hear a few original 6-channel tunes on CPC, however this competition dictates that only single AY chip tunes can be submitted - COMPO RULES (in Spanish)

Are there any other CPC musicians entering the contest?

SyX

For only 3 channels, you can use the grim's pt3 player ... only remember configure vortex for using the CPC stereo configuration.

But there is an Arkos player for MSX (i helped with this), and limit to only use one tool is more lazyness than other thing. And in addition to that, a CPC music is going to sound really bad in MSX if they don't take care in the differences in frequency between the CPC and the MSX psg.

In my opinion for a multiplatform competition, the format should be YM.