News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Retro Asylum 110 - The Amiga Bonanza

Started by Swainy, 11:29, 20 March 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Swainy

iTunes - Podcasts - Retro Asylum Podcast by retroasylum.com

The UK's number 1 retro gaming podcast returns with a special "Commodore Amiga" focused episode! Hosts Steve, Matt & Sam take a look back at their favourite 16 bit computer and the games that made the system so special as it reaches it's 30th birthday.

Check out our Official Retro Asylum YouTube channel for more retro discussion
The Official Retro Asylum YouTube Channel - YouTube

Main Site Sponsors
Play Expo | The UK's Most Diverse Video Gaming Expo! re.play | now.play | For all the latest news on Play Blackpool in May 2015 keep an eye on their site.

Funstock.co.uk | Retro Games, Classic Game Consoles, Gamer Accessories, Gaming Loads of excellent gift ideas here, from Neo Geo X, JXD Android Gaming Tablet and much more! Get 5% off your order using the discount code 'asylum' at checkout.

http://www.retrotowers.co.uk The only place to pick up the fantastic Everdrive and retro console cables and peripherals. For 5% off your order use the discount code 'retroasylum' at checkout.

March Site Sponsors
Dino Dini
Mikey J Hay of Retromash
Michael Keith
Mads Christensen
Martin Gibbons
Sean Higgins
Darren McKenna

If you'd like to sponsor the show please visit our website at retroasylum.com and click the donate button at the bottom of our homepage. Everything pledged goes straight back into maintaining the site, so if you enjoy the show please consider donating.

Any feedback is more than welcome and please leave us an iTunes review if you haven't already.
Retro Asylum

TFM

Amiga Ball.... ??

The CPC can do that in BASIC!

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

Can someone wake me up when it's finished drawing the ball.... (Where's the yawn Icon) :D

Bryce.

TFM

Thanks for your positive feedback. For sure the programmer will now be highly motivated to continue coding.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

dcdrac

impressive, I recall seeing something similar for the CPC when the Amiga came out

Quote from: TFM on 18:57, 20 March 15
Amiga Ball.... ??

The CPC can do that in BASIC!

Swainy

So has anyone actually listened to the show?
Retro Asylum

CraigsBar

Quote from: Swainy on 15:27, 21 March 15
So has anyone actually listened to the show?
I started at work yesterday, but kept getting distracted by what  oracle pay me for lol

Today is rugby, maybe tonight after the little guy is in bed.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

ZbyniuR

This Boing is draws terrible sloooow.
So I improve it. Previous version need 3 min 15 sec.
My, only 15 sec. Check it out. :D
In STARS, TREK is better than WARS.

Gryzor

ZbyniuR

To be honest it's not 100% Basic now, because net on background is not DRAWs or POKEs but machine LDIR put in memory by PRINT chr$(25) etc.
So it gave me spare about 2 maybe 3 second, I guess.

But mainly I found unnecessary IFs and bugs in parameters in FOR NEXT, which draws sometimes in the same place. And now SIN() COS(), I put it to DIM si(),co() count only once on start. And CALL &bd19, and shadow now is in better place I think.

Result is better than I expected. :)

Sorry for offtop.

TFM

You should put that to the 10 LINERS BASIC Contest (see other thread somewhere), so the CPC can beat em all.  :laugh:
TFM of FutureSoft

ZbyniuR

This is not my program. Once it was published in some magazine. I did just a little smoothed. :)

TFM

Quote from: ZbyniuR on 07:13, 25 March 15
This is not my program. Once it was published in some magazine. I did just a little smoothed. :)

That's not the point! And I know that! [nb]What do you think I got it from?[/nb] Point is you made the last update, so just get it down to 10 lines and submit it as 'from CPC' or what ever. Goal is to participate.  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft

sigh

What an excellent podcast!

I think the best 1 on 1 fighters on the Amiga were Mortal kombat and Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

My WTF games were ElfMania and Double Dragon.