News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Ideal screen for the CPC?

Started by retro space, Yesterday at 09:58

Previous topic - Next topic

retro space

Just ran into this TV. Is this the ideal CPC display? It looks pretty great for 80 character display, yet not too big with 40cm tube.
Also it does do stereo.
Teaching computer science on a high school with the CPC, P2000T, Spectrum and C64.

eto

That looks quite good. On an Amstrad CTM I personally think 80 columns is painful. 

But generally speaking "ideal monitor" is a very personal thing. 

dodogildo

I only use CRTs for demos and games (CTM, PVM and 1084s each having various shortcomings). They can't beat a modern panel via RGBtoHDMI (or OSSC if you like) for serious (or monkey) business.
M'enfin!

retro space

Quote from: dodogildo on Yesterday at 11:53They can't beat a modern panel via RGBtoHDMI (or OSSC if you like) for serious (or monkey) business.
I do not agree to that, except maybe for a Plasma, as those had SCART RGB with a wicked IQ. Anything LCD does not come close. Maybe OLED can work, but you don't want a too big screen, I think 20" is the max.
If you make hours on programming, you better do that in emulation.
Teaching computer science on a high school with the CPC, P2000T, Spectrum and C64.

dodogildo

Quote from: retro space on Yesterday at 14:39If you make hours on programming, you better do that in emulation.
That part, I agree.
M'enfin!