How accurately can you pinpoint the date you got your CPC as a kid?

Started by cwpab, 08:52, 30 June 24

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

Quote from: cwpab on 07:22, 03 July 24
Quote from: BSC on 15:45, 02 July 24Kaufhof or Quelle
Are these shops in Cologne?

Kaufhof is a chain of department stores. Many of them are closed now and the one in Cologne doesn't sell any electronics any more. Quelle was a "catalogue shop", now just online.
I was 15 when I got the CPC.

Bryce.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Bryce on 18:35, 02 July 24I loaded "Oh Mummy", played it for about 10 minutes (which is probably less than the time it took to load) and then, much to the horror of my father, proceeded to disassemble it to find out how it worked.

Bryce. 
I think I can speak for the rest of us when I say that we are so fucking glad that you did! :D
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

BSC

Kaufhof yes, a chain of department stores. Quelle used to have stores long ago, but now do only mail order.
The Quelle I used to hang out in the 80s is now a Burger King, but the staircase is still the same :)
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

Prodatron

Quote from: BSC on 16:34, 03 July 24
Kaufhof yes, a chain of department stores. Quelle used to have stores long ago, but now do only mail order.
The Quelle I used to hang out in the 80s is now a Burger King, but the staircase is still the same :)
Wasn't that "Horten" at this time? Not "Kaufhof" (80ies), like most of the other big stores in Germany, but maybe I am wrong regarding Cologne?

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

HAL6128

Quote from: Prodatron on 21:41, 03 July 24
Quote from: BSC on 16:34, 03 July 24
Wasn't that "Horten" at this time? Not "Kaufhof" (80ies), like most of the other big stores in Germany, but maybe I am wrong regarding Cologne?

Yes, it was Horten until mid of 90ies when Kaufhof took it over.
Got mine CPC by the way 24.12.1986 (Christmas).
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

BSC

Quote from: Prodatron on 21:41, 03 July 24Wasn't that "Horten" at this time? Not "Kaufhof" (80ies), like most of the other big stores in Germany, but maybe I am wrong regarding Cologne?
Yes, you are wrong :) It was Kaufhof since the 50s. 
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

HAL6128

Quote from: BSC on 12:43, 04 July 24
Quote from: Prodatron on 21:41, 03 July 24Wasn't that "Horten" at this time? Not "Kaufhof" (80ies), like most of the other big stores in Germany, but maybe I am wrong regarding Cologne?
Yes, you are wrong :) It was Kaufhof since the 50s.
"De kölsche Jung" (translation: boys from cologne) are always special. :)
After school I always went to Horton (Ingolstadt) 84/85, played with the C64, Dragon 32, Atari 2600 etc (no Amstrad CPC exhibited in 85!!). This Horton was definitely assimilated later by the Cologne Kaufhof. "We are the Kaufhof, resistance is futile. Negotiation is irrelevant. No CPC are sold here... "
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

robcfg

Wow... Horten is I name I haven't heard since I was a kid and went to Wattenscheid to visit my grandparents every summer! 

scorp6128+

It must have been in August 1987 and I was 13 years old.
Some of my friends already had an CPC 6128 or 464 because they visited the computer working group in school. :)

I had some proper school certificates in german high school and phrased my biggest wish to my parents often then. ;D
So we went to a big electronic store in Heilbronn to buy a Schneider CPC 6128 including green monitor GT 65.
Price must have been 799 DM.
I also got 10 3" discs and a joystick.
My father didn't had any clou what this weird accessory was all about. :P

Nowadays I'm very thankful for all that.
It was the best purchase ever and it paved the way for my professional career.
I learned how to handle computers, to start programming basic and Turbo Pascal and of course loved my CPC for the many nice games. 8)

Skunkfish

Quote from: Prodatron on 21:55, 01 July 24
Quote from: Skunkfish on 17:23, 01 July 24December 25th, 1991. It wasn't the Commodore Amiga we were hoping for, but it was perfect!  :laugh:
Wow that was late! I already thought that I would be one of the more later ones.
But really cool! Was it a CPC classic or a Plus one?
Sorry, slow reply.

My parents bought a CPC 6128 off some semi-distant family members who were upgrading, it wasn't new but meant it came with a ton of games! :)
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

stevensixkiller

Technically not mine but my brothers's. A second-hand 464+ greyscale with some compilations for christmas 91 (or 92?).