News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Weird stuff about Batman the Movie

Started by Optimus, 12:05, 12 August 14

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

The GX has less RAM than the 6128, so maybe they did cut down features?

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

dragon

Quote from: TFM on 21:56, 19 August 14
The GX has less RAM than the 6128, so maybe they did cut down features?

Nope, the 464 can handle batman de movie with one level in memory(really, the 464 can load any level directly if you rewind the tape :) So you can play the game in last level directly).If is a ram recorted versión  464=gx4000.

Batman the movie, need to be compare with the batman the movie of the csd version. Then you know if a changes was made in middle of development.

ukmarkh

How are you guys playing this? I use the SCART Lead with an LCD TV, always thought the GX4000 was faster?

TFM

Quote from: dragon on 22:16, 19 August 14
Nope, the 464 can handle batman de movie with one level in memory(really, the 464 can load any level directly if you rewind the tape :) So you can play the game in last level directly).If is a ram recorted versión  464=gx4000.

Batman the movie, need to be compare with the batman the movie of the csd version. Then you know if a changes was made in middle of development.

You mention it. :) One loads from tape and one from Cartridge. And I assume that the tape version was there first as the 464 was before the GX. :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

dragon

Quote from: TFM on 16:04, 20 August 14

You mention it. :) One loads from tape and one from Cartridge. And I assume that the tape version was there first as the 464 was before the GX. :)

But the 464 have the sound at begining and the gx4000 not this is because is not the same version. :)

Interesting is in the load in 464. a message appears. load 1.1 1.2. 2.1 etc.. Maybe take a look at the cartridge with a hex , can reveal if this old code is present and can demostrate if the 464 is the source code.

who is the original system where ocean made the game?. 16 bit and later port to 8?. take a look to the first version can be good to compare the lack of sound.

Take a look the atari version lacks sound the same as  gx4000.

Probably was ported directly from source code not from amstrad code.

dlfrsilver

Batman the movie was drawn on an atari ST with the tool called EDSPRITE and EDMAP.

It was also coded on atari ST as well :)

TFM

Well, I think if one has one amstrad version it's easy to do a GX version (99% identical), Nobody will port to the same system twice.

Ok, maybe somebody lost the sources from the first port. Maybe such wired things did happen.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

dragon

I search info,the programmers, and graphics artist are mike lamb and dawn drake in amstrad
And atari.st(with more programmers and artists in this version).

I think the sound in the begining was a personal touch from mike lamb as he was the only programmer in amstrad/spectrum 8 bits. As the game is tarjet to be multiplataform. Maybe they made a general master code that can be share and can be easily ported to the different Programmers,amstrad commodore msx msdos etc..

Probably ocean not ask to the ported code, as he had the original master code and the engine in was based and with this they can port the game to any plataform. As they ported the game to the all 8 bits plataforms, and the natural next step is 16 bits they don't need conserve the amstrad code. And then amstrad release with anty nature another 8 bit plataform. They contract a different programmer  and he share with it the general master code witouth personal touch.

Only a probably teory, as i unkown who programm the gx4000 version.