News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Usng CNGSoft single File Cracked games for GX4000 carts

Started by CraigsBar, 20:20, 30 April 15

Previous topic - Next topic

remax

Quote from: CraigsBar on 00:14, 03 May 15
Oh well, still a great game. Just added Zaxx to compensate. Now that really *is* me calling it a night.

Tested this one, works great, including the hi score.
Brain Radioactivity

McKlain

I just heard the "quadrel" music on rolandradio.net and if I remember well, that game is controled just with the joystick. It's not in the compacted list but a nice puzzle game.

We should make a converted games thread or something and ask for it to be pinned.

remax

Quote from: McKlain on 11:05, 03 May 15
I just heard the "quadrel" music on rolandradio.net and if I remember well, that game is controled just with the joystick. It's not in the compacted list but a nice puzzle game.

We should make a converted games thread or something and ask for it to be pinned.

If i find the time, i'm gonna try to convert Emlyn Hughes International Soccer, the best soccer game on CPC, at least while the project here comes to an end ;)

Its 64k version is fully controlable with a joystick. Only little problem is typing a name for the controlled team... Well i guess everybody will be called GFRTP56 or something like that (all the letter available  with pause/joy 2 if i remember well).
Brain Radioactivity

CraigsBar

Quote from: McKlain on 11:05, 03 May 15

I'll take a look and see what I can find, I must admit it's not one I have ever heard of. Now I have worked out what was causing the issues with my first attempts, I am also gonna take a look at Space Harrier again.

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 12:02, 03 May 15
I'll take a look and see what I can find, I must admit it's not one I have ever heard of. Now I have worked out what was causing the issues with my first attempts, I am also gonna take a look at Space Harrier again.
quadrel is done, space harrier proving troublesome. Hopefully both will be uploaded by tonight.

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 14:45, 03 May 15
quadrel is done, space harrier proving troublesome. Hopefully both will be uploaded by tonight.

OK Both Quadrel and Space Harrier are converted and uploaded to the WIKI List. Space Harrier needed some hacks but all tested in JavaGX4000.

From what I can tell both are fully GX friendly, although I still cannot test until tomorrow evening. Any comments or testing results please let me know.

remax

Converted GX4000 games - CPCWiki

In MESS, Space Harrier play perfectly, including hiscore. I cannot pass the first menu in Quadrel (perhaps an emulation bug).
Brain Radioactivity

CraigsBar

Quote from: remax on 19:54, 03 May 15

In MESS, Space Harrier play perfectly, including hiscore. I cannot pass the first menu in Quadrel (perhaps an emulation bug).
Will Test on a GX tomorrow night thanks for the update.

Not speaking french I find testing Quadrel a little hard LOL.

CraigsBar

Quote from: arnoldemu on 13:07, 01 May 15
Craig asked me if I could add support for 80track single sided discs. Yes I can do that. I was planning to use Parados for that. I haven't started this request yet.
I've just noticed that the excellent Prince of Persia is a perfect candidate for CPR conversion.... a Standard(ish) SYSTEM format disc, Full Joystick support etc....

Snag is it's a 42 track System format. can the 80 track version of the tool use unusual track counts too, such as this 42 track system format?

It would make conversions of games such as this much easier. Since the current tool recognises the extra tracks would this be possible?

Craigs-MBP:nocart craig$ ./nocart POP.dsk Prince_of_Persia.cpr prince.bin
Successfully read 'POP.dsk'
Extended disk image detected
Single sided disc detected
Disk image has 42 tracks. Only 40 will be used
SYSTEM format disc detected
Successfully read 'os.rom'
Successfully read 'basic.rom'
Successfully read 'amsdos.rom'
Cartridge file written to 'Prince_of_Persia.cpr'
Craigs-MBP:nocart craig$

Craig

Edit: Rainbow Islands also falls into this category... 42 tracks, standard System Format.

CraigsBar

Quote from: remax on 19:54, 03 May 15

terminus by mastertronic uploaded. This will be the last of my weekend away specials...... Tomorrow night I have a gx4000 and my brand new madcatz mojo to play with lol.