News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Remember when I said I had a Dizzy collection? ;)

Started by Neil79, 01:26, 22 March 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil79

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

EgoTrip

Show off.

Do you have the collectors cards that came with the games?

Carnivius

Hm, I used to have that crystal kingdom dizzy.  :)

Also that much Dizzy would make one hell of a big omelette.  ;)
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

CraigsBar

I never liked dizzy games, too slow for my tastes, give me turrican, rainbow islands, final fight, pang or Manchester united europe any day lol.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Bryce

Ha, I still have one that you don't have! :D

Bryce.

EgoTrip

Neil79

Quote from: EgoTrip on 10:20, 22 March 15
Show off.

Do you have the collectors cards that came with the games?

Yes ( Not all )

Quote from: Bryce on 14:23, 22 March 15
Ha, I still have one that you don't have!

Bryce.

Do tell? :) I'm still collecting the Amiga ones

Quote from: EgoTrip on 14:39, 22 March 15
What's that Dizzy 1 screenshot thing?

Signed postcard :)
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Bryce

This one here: Amstrad CPC Codemasters Games

I don't see it in your photo. It's CPC though, not Amiga.

Bryce.

Carnivius

Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Neil79

Quote from: Bryce on 16:13, 22 March 15
This one here: Amstrad CPC Codemasters Games

I don't see it in your photo. It's CPC though, not Amiga.

Bryce.

Nope, didn't want that one because I ended up buying the single tapes :P

Quote from: Carnivac on 18:45, 22 March 15
Bet you ain't got this one.

:-X :o

Bryce

Quote from: Neil79 on 19:22, 22 March 15
Nope, didn't want that one because I ended up buying the single tapes :P

I thought collectors collect every version even if they already have the games in single format. :)

Bryce.

Carnivius

Neil79

Quote from: Carnivac on 11:10, 23 March 15
So you don't have that one then?   :)

Is that one of your snazzy graphical overhauls? :P

Carnivius

Quote from: Neil79 on 12:09, 23 March 15

Is that one of your snazzy graphical overhauls? :P

hehe. It's from my 'Cosmic Prison Commando' project.  I realised when creating the forest tile-set that it sorta brought back my memories of Dizzy's forests and so I did a sprite of him to be found in one of the screens as an easter egg as a small tribute to a game series that entertained me for many, many hours as a kid.  :)   It does sorta look like a potential follow up to Crystal Kingdom Dizzy's Mode 0 attempt though.  8)

Neil79

Would you be so kind as to do a Dizzy screenshot for my windows background and possible facebook page? But in your tile set  8)

ZbyniuR

In STARS, TREK is better than WARS.

Carnivius

Quote from: Neil79 on 16:09, 23 March 15
Would you be so kind as to do a Dizzy screenshot for my windows background and possible facebook page? But in your tile set  8)

Ah not yet, since that is Cosmic Prison Commando's tileset not Dizzy as such and I don't want to do things like that til I at least get that game finished.

I just had a moment where I forgot you have my Crystal Kingdom Dizzy.  Was watching a longplay of it on youtube and getting right into the colourful graphics and the excellent catchy music and thought I'd go play it on my real CPC.  But I don't have the cassette anymoe.  :'(   Oh well I'll try run a cdt file of it through Tapdancer later or just make do with Winape   :)