News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New "Sh*t Game Time" video, Double Dragon 3

Started by ZEUSDAZ, 18:22, 19 July 16

Previous topic - Next topic

ZEUSDAZ

Hi guys, It's time to put another game into the vault of sh*tness, this time It's the Amstrads turn with Double Dragon 3, and what a pile of Pooooo it really is, go check out the C64 and ZX versions and then come back to this and you'll see what I mean  :picard2:

Puresox

This has been debated and I have upset people before about this crap and AA giving it 86%!
Now this is proper shit , Green Beret is a masterpiece compared to this.

ZEUSDAZ

Quote from: Puresox on 19:11, 19 July 16
This has been debated and I have upset people before about this crap and AA giving it 86%!
Now this is proper shit , Green Beret is a masterpiece compared to this.

Yes mate, it looks good in still pics but as soon as it moves,...PUKE!!!!

AMSDOS

I've never played any of the double dragon games. How does DD3 compare with street fighter or wild streets?
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Shaun M. Neary

Aw man, this was such a bag of balls of a game.

I try to find something positive in most of the games I've played, but I really couldn't come back to this at all. This thing was a waste of a disk with the only salvageable outcome requiring to format the thing and put some decent games on it instead.

At the time of it's release though, the writing was on the wall for the CPC and a lot of releases were cash grabs. Some awful shit came out in 91. E Swat, Stun Runner, WWF Wrestlemania to name a few.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

remax

The game was already a pile of shit in arcade...
Brain Radioactivity

ivarf

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 08:03, 20 July 16
Aw man, this was such a bag of balls of a game.

I try to find something positive in most of the games I've played, but I really couldn't come back to this at all. This thing was a waste of a disk with the only salvageable outcome requiring to format the thing and put some decent games on it instead.

At the time of it's release though, the writing was on the wall for the CPC and a lot of releases were cash grabs. Some awful shit came out in 91. E Swat, Stun Runner, WWF Wrestlemania to name a few.

Didn't WWF Wrestlemania get great reviews too?

AMSDOS

Quote from: ivarf on 10:07, 20 July 16
Didn't WWF Wrestlemania get great reviews too?

Mastergame actually.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Puresox

Quote from: remax on 09:16, 20 July 16
Wasn't it just! It played like a poorly programmed Atari ST game, And the concept of having to buy power ups from the shop just added more insult to the punter. Really can't understand how they could F@&K it up so massively , after 2 previous arcade fan favourites!? Odd

Puresox

Quote from: AMSDOS on 10:19, 20 July 16

Mastergame actually.
An excessive score no doubt, but at least the game was playable. And it could create enjoyment for some Amstrad gamers'. I personally don't mind it too much , although not a fan of the Genre.

sigh

Quote from: remax on 09:16, 20 July 16

Exactly! "Shit Game Time" is really the arcade version of double dragon 3 itself. Even if the ports were perfect, it wouldn't of mattered. The game has horrible gameplay and on top of that, you had to put REAL money in the machine to buy weapons!

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Puresox on 11:04, 20 July 16
An excessive score no doubt, but at least the game was playable. And it could create enjoyment for some Amstrad gamers'. I personally don't mind it too much , although not a fan of the Genre.

Speaking as someone who's a diehard Pro Wrestling fan since 1987, I have to say, I couldn't get any enjoyment whatsoever out of this.

- Blocky graphics with washed out colours
- Poor attempt at sound
- On tape it was a real multi load headache, and if you wanted to change one of your three choices of playable characters, you had to reload the whole game again.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

||C|-|E||

Looks terrible! In the case of the arcade, the development team was different because the original one was doing something else (Combatribes?) and apparently the did not nail the final result. The conversion... well, everything has been already said  :picard:

sigh

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 15:14, 20 July 16
Looks terrible! In the case of the arcade, the development team was different because the original one was doing something else (Combatribes?) and apparently the did not nail the final result. The conversion... well, everything has been already said  :picard:

Yep.
Techno's should of invested in more quality control when they outsourced this.

Puresox

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 14:13, 20 July 16

Speaking as someone who's a diehard Pro Wrestling fan since 1987, I have to say, I couldn't get any enjoyment whatsoever out of this.

- Blocky graphics with washed out colours
- Poor attempt at sound
- On tape it was a real multi load headache, and if you wanted to change one of your three choices of playable characters, you had to reload the whole game again.
Tape load issue sounds crap . The rest I could bare

Puresox

Oh and it didn't have Rick Flair?! Or did it?

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Puresox on 19:32, 20 July 16
Oh and it didn't have Rick Flair?! Or did it?

Nah, Flair hadn't joined the promotion by the time the games development had started.

Playable characters were British Bulldog, Hogan and Warrior (who incidentally had gotten fired from the promotion by the time the game got released, probably why he doesn't appear on the box).
Opponents were Mr Perfect (also as good as left the promotion due to back injury), Ted DiBiase, The Warlord, The Mountie and Sgt Slaughter.

seanb

I loved the Wrestlemania game.
I had it on disk though so very little loading and maybe I was swayed as a Wiganer that I could play as Davey Boy.
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: seanb on 10:54, 21 July 16
I loved the Wrestlemania game.
I had it on disk though so very little loading and maybe I was swayed as a Wiganer that I could play as Davey Boy.

This was a period of time in Wrestling where I was starting to notice the character breaks.

From 85-88, both Davey and Dynamite were billed from Leeds, England...
He returned solo in 1990... billed from Wigan... Ok, fair enough, people relocate...

Then when he returned in 1994, he was billed from Manchester as that was where it was cool to be from between Britplop and Man United.

Still didn't change my opinion of that game on the CPC though. I guess I was spoilt with Rock & Wrestle by Melbourne a few years beforehand. It didn't look polished, but the amount of moves you could pull was awesome!

seanb

I remember seeing posters for war in Wigan with all the wwf stars but have never found any info on it.
At least he was billed from Leeds or Manchester and not London.  They're a bit closer.

Never played rock n wrestle or any other wrestling game before wrestlemania so had nowt to go on
Looking back it is a tad basic and probably should've been a budget game.
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Puresox

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 03:08, 22 July 16

This was a period of time in Wrestling where I was starting to notice the character breaks.

From 85-88, both Davey and Dynamite were billed from Leeds, England...
He returned solo in 1990... billed from Wigan... Ok, fair enough, people relocate...

Then when he returned in 1994, he was billed from Manchester as that was where it was cool to be from between Britplop and Man United.

Still didn't change my opinion of that game on the CPC though. I guess I was spoilt with Rock & Wrestle by Melbourne a few years beforehand. It didn't look polished, but the amount of moves you could pull was awesome!
Rock and wrestle was pretty cool as a two player , lacked a bit of polish mind you , but still fun. I think I may have spotted one of the characters they based the guy with the hat on! I reckon it was Bobby Jaggers . I was watching some old footage on You tube and he wore a hat that looked just like the character

ZEUSDAZ

Quote from: Puresox on 11:00, 20 July 16
Wasn't it just! It played like a poorly programmed Atari ST game, And the concept of having to buy power ups from the shop just added more insult to the punter. Really can't understand how they could F@&K it up so massively , after 2 previous arcade fan favourites!? Odd

Mirror image of the Renegade trilogy, first 2 were classic on all syatems,...and the third?!,....don't get me started  :picard:

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: seanb on 10:48, 22 July 16
I remember seeing posters for war in Wigan with all the wwf stars but have never found any info on it.
At least he was billed from Leeds or Manchester and not London.  They're a bit closer.

Never played rock n wrestle or any other wrestling game before wrestlemania so had nowt to go on
Looking back it is a tad basic and probably should've been a budget game.

Yeah Rock N Wrestle was the only Pro Wrestling game I'd played before Wrestlemania as well, which is one of the reasons I was so disappointed with the latter with the programming advancements that had happened by then, the former had come out in 86, i think... maybe early 87.

Quote from: Puresox on 20:36, 22 July 16
Rock and wrestle was pretty cool as a two player , lacked a bit of polish mind you , but still fun. I think I may have spotted one of the characters they based the guy with the hat on! I reckon it was Bobby Jaggers . I was watching some old footage on You tube and he wore a hat that looked just like the character

Hah to be fair, a lot of wrestling guys in the 70s and 80s wore stetsons and ten gallon hats xD

Puresox

True , but Jaggers really steals it with this one hat he wears. I know what your saying though