News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Look what I just won!

Started by Neil79, 23:53, 17 May 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil79

£13!! Make anything out that's of interest? :D
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

MacDeath

Neil79

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Gryzor

Much win!!!

Good job man!

Lazy Dude

have a browse through the AA mags for game reviews will give you an idea as to what the good ones are.
or you could just play them all and form your own opinion  ;)

Gryzor

Ah, this reminded me of when I started collecting Amstrad stuff; I would buy entire tape boxes and then sit and load and play all of them, no matter if I knew them or not, good or bad... so much fun!!!

Carnivius

A great haul for that price.  Some very good stuff in there. 

Quote from: Lazy Dude on 13:05, 18 May 14
or you could just play them all and form your own opinion  ;)

Exactly.  Reviews are pretty meaningless since nobody likes all the same stuff.   I've gotten more enjoyment out of some games that got bad reviews than some that got outstanding reviews. 
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

MacDeath

yeah, this is really a huge amount of diskettes here.**

** haha some got trolled...

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Neil79

Tapes!

I'd love disks :p

Still not replied to my address/contact number though, balls

Lazy Dude

Quote from: Carnivac on 16:16, 18 May 14
A great haul for that price.  Some very good stuff in there. 

Exactly.  Reviews are pretty meaningless since nobody likes all the same stuff.   I've gotten more enjoyment out of some games that got bad reviews than some that got outstanding reviews.

The reviews from back then were more critical of emerging coding methods and current trends, so as you say for us today we may see a game differently (and appreciate it in all its retro glory)

pelrun

Quote from: Neil79 on 23:53, 17 May 14
Make anything out that's of interest? :D

Not easily, that's a pretty old potato you took the photograph with...  ;D

beaker

I'd throw out the Dizzy games for a start ;) ;D

Aliens, Batman and the Freescape games are brilliant.

Carnivius

Quote from: beaker on 09:55, 19 May 14
I'd throw out the Dizzy games for a start ;) ;D

Aliens, Batman and the Freescape games are brilliant.

I'd keep the Dizzy and throw out the Freescapes.  :)
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Shaun M. Neary

How about keeping the Dizzies and the Freescapes and killing Roland In The Caves with fire, repeatedly?!
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Cholo

Nice collection. I see 3 "uncommon" amsoft titles in the front row i think aka "The Scout Steps Out" (probably the rarest one) and Admiral Spree & Space Hawks who at least wasnt part of the original 12-game bundle.

Seen from a gamers point of view its a really good bundle as well. Lots of "relabel" budget games, but that just that the chance of the games actually works i higher. Anyways i dont think i ever get tired of playing Ghostbusters  ;)

Neil79

As soon as I get the bundle o' games I'll post full quality pics :)

Neil79

HOLY *** Just went through it, TRAPDOOR, AIRWOLF, DOUBLE DRAGON, ALIENS, BATMAN, Knightmare, all in top quality condition, some as old as 1984! 66 Tapes. I can't wait to get the pics this weekend and show you guys. Got some mint and rare ones here :D

Gryzor

66. Wow. I'd send the wife away for a weekend, stock on coffee and pizza and get high on those...

beaker

Can't really go too far wrong at just under 20p per game. Good bargain!

Lazy Dude

hmm, gets me thinking - you can down load thousands of cpc games from the net. But they don't include the inlay artwork/ story scenario and instructions. Or did I miss something? Its the main reason I'm hanging on to my tape collection

Carnivius

Quote from: Lazy Dude on 20:50, 20 May 14
hmm, gets me thinking - you can down load thousands of cpc games from the net. But they don't include the inlay artwork/ story scenario and instructions. Or did I miss something? Its the main reason I'm hanging on to my tape collection

But you can get those off CPCPower where needed.  :)

Gryzor

Nothing beats getting physical.

EgoTrip

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:44, 21 May 14
Nothing beats getting physical.

Let's keep it clean shall we?

beaker

Let's get into physical, I wanna hear your tape recorder talk?