News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

H.E.R.O. CPC port

Started by Xyphoe, 22:38, 25 September 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Xyphoe

This was done quite a few years ago (10 years now!) and it's an excellent port of one of the best games ever on the Atari 2600. Doesn't seem to get much love!

h.e.r.o. &copy _public_domain_ (2005)

So I'm finishing off a longplay and review video of it. I was just wondering if anyone knows the author of the port "Flynn"? Is he around? I'd like to know more about how he ported the game! Thanks :)

Xyphoe

Ah, found his website!

flynn's site

Didn't realise he did the WinCPC emulator.

Is he on the forums?

VincentGR

I have this game and I converter to tape too, it is just fabulous!

TFM

Quote from: Xyphoe on 22:38, 25 September 15
This was done quite a few years ago (10 years now!) and it's an excellent port of one of the best games ever on the Atari 2600. Doesn't seem to get much love!

Oh, it does. At least as much form my side to convert it into a version for FutureOS.  :)  It's really a fun game!

Quote from: Xyphoe on 22:43, 25 September 15Is he on the forums?

IIRC: Saw him 8 or 9 years ago at one XzentriX meeting. Back the day there was some offspring he had. (Maybe that's keeping him busy). Soon the offspring will be old enough to use a CPC!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Ah yes, Flynn. His was my favorite emulator as a matter of fact, and I had exchanged a few emails with him. Nice guy, but it seems he just dropped CPC development.

Devilmarkus

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:23, 11 October 15
Ah yes, Flynn. His was my favorite emulator as a matter of fact, and I had exchanged a few emails with him. Nice guy, but it seems he just dropped CPC development.

His news on his website tell a different story...
flynn's site
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

TFM

That was 2009.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Devilmarkus

No, that was in 2014...

When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Gryzor

Well, he may have re-upped the video last year. Who knows...

TFM

Don't want to start a discussion about the kings or prophets or Gryzors or Trantors beard, but... what Flynn actually does seems to be work on different platforms - non CPC platforms - Ok, it's emulation of a CPC, great thing for sure. But actually he doesn't program for the CPC directly. So, sadly his FAT system was never finished, this will do ACME-DOS now.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft