News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Fruity Frank 2

Started by Misel982001, 17:09, 06 June 24

Previous topic - Next topic

Misel982001

Hello all

I see there is a definitely a resurgence regarding the CPC software and its inception. Many great programmers are now writing games. I was wondering if any great game programmer is willing to create Fruity Frank 2, an all time favourite game for the CPC.

XeNoMoRPH

Someone tried to make a PC remake of the Amstrad CPC version, but it was never finished

This is  new Loading Screen, made by TITAN
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Poliander

Quote from: Misel982001 on 17:09, 06 June 24I see there is a definitely a resurgence regarding the CPC software and its inception. Many great programmers are now writing games. I was wondering if any great game programmer is willing to create Fruity Frank 2, an all time favourite game for the CPC.
That would be so awesome. I just gave my dad a CPC 464 and now he's playing Fruity Frank almost every day.
Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC

eto

Quote from: Misel982001 on 17:09, 06 June 24Fruity Frank 2
What do you expect from Fruity Frank 2? 

Misel982001

Mr Eto
I would expect many new levels and maybe some new enemies. But I would be ok with just the new levels. The original game has only 7 levels and two basic enemies. Oh, and an ending screen in honour of Steven Wallis, the creator of Fruity Frank who passed away in 2014. I wish I knew how to program games....

norecess464

I would love a new Fruity Frank 2. FF 1 is my one of my favorite game on the Amstrad, a "go to" when I'm bored and it always provides me immediate nostalgia/fun.

IMO full overscan should be useful here, as it would provide extended gameplay (the real "plus" of a FF2).

To be a real sequel to the original Fruity Frank, my opinion is that the graphics should not be enhanced much, as for the general design of the game (including the audio), even if it may appear to be outdated by today's standards.

Also, the game should a single load (if we exclude the original BASIC loader, the compressed version of the game is < 17 Kb!).
AND compatible with vanilla 464s.

A new 2-player mode (supporting 2 game controllers for the GX-4000) would be interesting!
Also (brain-storming...) why not embedding a Level Editor directly into the game, so people can have fun creating their own levels/challenges ?!

That would be an amazing project for me... if I wasn't already busy on something else ;)
My personal website: https://norecess.cpcscene.net
My current project is Sonic GX, a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog for the awesome Amstrad GX-4000 game console!

Misel982001

Is it possible that you create Fruity Frank 2?

norecess464

Quote from: Misel982001 on 05:26, 08 June 24Is it possible that you create Fruity Frank 2?
Clearly, no. One project at a time, and I have no plans for the future ;)
That I wrote yesterday was free talking, cf. "what would be the vision if I would start on this new project....".
My personal website: https://norecess.cpcscene.net
My current project is Sonic GX, a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog for the awesome Amstrad GX-4000 game console!

Misel982001

oh...ok... btw your site is great!