News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

DOUBLE DRAGON I & II (CPC6128 versions - UNemulated)

Started by ZEUSDAZ, 08:33, 01 August 16

Previous topic - Next topic

ZEUSDAZ

Hi all, just to say these 2 great 8-bit versions are now uploaded on my channel in glorious UNemulted form, which means no pixelation which is always evident in emulated uploads.
These 2 great conversions deserve to be shown in full UNemulated glory which now they are, I hope you enjoy them.
Good job Mr. Aplin!,...I won't say anything about the 64k cassette versions though,... :picard:

Please stop by my Youtube channel "ZEUSDAZ" if you want to remember games from your past exactly the way they were meant to be shown,...UNemulated  :)
Don't put up with second best,...emulated and heavily pixelised  :'(

DOUBLE DRAGON:

DOUBLE DRAGON II:

All the best Ammy world!!!

Skunkfish

Thanks ZEUSDAZ, will watch these when I get home from work. To my shame I've not played the CPC of either, but I may well give them a go once my 'games to play' list diminishes a little...

There's a really good interview with Richard Aplin regarding his CPC work over at An interview with Richard Aplin | Retro Asylum if people haven't seen it already.

An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

rk last

I played the first one on my CPC via a compilation cassette and found it a very enjoyable game.  I also liked how the coders made the most Mode 0- I was expecting another Mode 1/speccy offering when I first loaded it up
maRK

ZEUSDAZ

Quote from: Skunkfish on 09:24, 01 August 16
Thanks ZEUSDAZ, will watch these when I get home from work. To my shame I've not played the CPC of either, but I may well give them a go once my 'games to play' list diminishes a little...

There's a really good interview with Richard Aplin regarding his CPC work over at An interview with Richard Aplin | Retro Asylum if people haven't seen it already.

I hope you enjoy them the way they were intended,...unemulated :-)
And thanks for that interview link, yeah I remember him telling me himself that programmers quit due to the pressure,...no excuse for those companies to hold such threats over the programmers especially when the end result is a kid getting heartbroken at Christmas thinking he is gonna have a good game of Double Dragon 1 when it turns out complete shit :-(

ZEUSDAZ

Quote from: rk last on 11:25, 01 August 16
I played the first one on my CPC via a compilation cassette and found it a very enjoyable game.  I also liked how the coders made the most Mode 0- I was expecting another Mode 1/speccy offering when I first loaded it up
This 128k version didn't come out on cassette though did it?! There was a cpc464 64k version on cassette which was utter shite :-/

Puresox

Yeah you ought to do the other version on the Shite game list . Dreadful

ZEUSDAZ

Quote from: Puresox on 18:22, 01 August 16
Yeah you ought to do the other version on the Shite game list . Dreadful

I didn't wanna go near them mate, besides I'll only get replies stating there were 2 better versions which I've already shown above  :(
I have done DD3 Ammy Shit Game Time review if you've not seen it?!

Puresox

Puresox

Don't know how you managed to do a longplay?You have some patience to endure that

ZEUSDAZ

Quote from: Puresox on 22:25, 01 August 16
Don't know how you managed to do a longplay?You have some patience to endure that

The 3rd game needed slating and have a rightful place in the "Shit Game Time" vault of shitness,...that's my job  ;D
Weather It's Ammy, Speccy or C64, if a game is shit or someone has requested me to do a game (if it passes my tick box of shitness), they will be shit-game-timed,...none of these formats are safe!!!  >:(