News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post)

Started by remax, 22:14, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

andycadley, Phantomz and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

iXien

What about a race game this time, with controls perfectly adapted to the GX4000 2-button joypad by @Urusergi :

750cc GRAND PRIX from Codemasters

Controls:
J1LEFT/RIGHT = Steer left/right
J1B1 = Accelerate
J1B2 = Brake
Pause button = Pause game
Pause button twice = Quit game

Modifications for the GX4000 version:
    - Wait for fire on title screen,
    - Patched controls.
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

iXien

The new patch from @Urusergi is for a classic we all played (or tried to play) in a compilation or another :P :

CRITICAL MASS from Durell

Controls:
J1LEFT/RIGHT = Rotate left/right.
J1UP = Accelerate
J1DOWN = Slow down
J1B1 = Fire

- Colours on title screen fixed,
    - Modified main menu including difficulty level selection,
    - A version with inverted colours (darkest colour as background)
    - Pokes: Unlimited energy and time.

Cheers everyone!  ;)
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

iXien

This week a surprise I found some weeks ago, while strolling through the pages of CPC-Power. Many thanks to @Urusergi for patching this one:

SHUTDOWN from Video Images

Controls:
d-pad = Move
J1B2 = Pause game
Pause button = Quit game

Modifications for this GX4000 version:
    - Wait for fire on title screen
    - Patched keys
    - Pokes: No rise in temperature and unlimited air

Shutdown is a little unreleased game revealed in 2020 in near to total anonymity by its creator. It's fabulous to highlight this kind of hidden gem. More informations about this one (and even a scan of a nice article previously published in CPC-Fanzine) on the CPC-Power page : https://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=10012

iXien

Ok dudes, another weekend, another game from the magic fingers of @Urusergi  :

SHADOW SKIMMER from The Edge

Controls:
J1B2 = Flip Craft
Pause button = Quit game

- All keys patched (I/O instead of O/P to keep the game playable with keyboard on PLUS computers) 
    - Green colour display bug fixed,
    - Pokes: Unlimited lives and energy.

iXien

A very little one this week-end  ;) :

PLATEFORME from MBC Informatique

Controls:
d-pad = Move your character
J1B1 = Take/Use

No modification required for such a little title. I spent some time on it after its launch, nothing unforgettable but maybe a nice remember for some of us. And you need to ear this music from Charles CALLET 8)

XeNoMoRPH

Tenis - Centre Court - conversion by Shacpc

Gamepad version of the GX4000/CPC+ and Spanish translation

The author says that he made this conversion because he found the option of two players with two joysticks interesting, more than anything.
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

iXien

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 05:10, 07 July 24Tenis - Centre Court - conversion by Shacpc

The author says that he made this conversion because he found the option of two players with two joysticks interesting, more than anything.

Maybe I make a mistake, but on my GX4000 and on CPCEC, pressing Pause button ("p") doesn't start the demo. And if I launch a 2 player game, I can't control the second player with joypad 2.

shacpc

Quote from: iXien on 16:48, 07 July 24
Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 05:10, 07 July 24Tenis - Centre Court - conversion by Shacpc

Maybe I make a mistake, but on my GX4000 and on CPCEC, pressing Pause button ("p") doesn't start the demo. And if I launch a 2 player game, I can't control the second player with joypad 2.
Hi, Access to the demo has been corrected. I also realized when reviewing the game again that to exit the demo or the screen you had to use TAB with keyboard: I have changed to J1F1+J1F2. I cannot check the second joystick, since I do not have real equipment now and I work with an emulator that only supports 1 joystick. I have reviewed the lines of code and in principle it should work. The game for 1 player is operational at 100x100. If anyone wants to review this error, I can privately provide you with the .dsk to review the program internally. Thank you very much iXien.

shacpc

Hi everyone. I have been converting quite a few games to GX4000/CPC+ format in 64k for my personal LiliCPC project that have not yet been posted here on CPR. I'm going to try to add them all little by little and I appreciate that possible errors are pointed out.   :

STRIP POKER ANIMADO from Avila Soft / Knightsoft

Controls:
d-pad = Place your bet
J1B1 = Accept/confirm
J1-Left (1) / J1-Up (2) / J1-Down (3) / J1-Right (4) / J1B1 (5) : Card change election (card number in parentheses)

They are quick conversions, nothing compared to the professional ones carried out by Usergi, for example. But I understand that they are better here than collecting dust on my PC's hard drive  ;)

Phantomz

TANK COMMAND / TANK COMMANDER  (AMSOFT GOLD)

INSTRUCTIONS

TACTICAL MODE

JOYPAD 1

UP FORWARD
DOWN REVERSE
LEFT ROTATE LEFT
RIGHT ROTATE RIGHT
FIRE 1 GO TO BATTLE MODE
FIRE 2 TURBO BOOST

JOYPAD 2

FIRE 1 STATUS MODE / PAUSE, J1 B1 TO RETURN TO GAME
FIRE 2 MAP SCREEN, J1 B1 TO LEAVE MAP SCREEN
CONSOLE BUTTON QUIT WHEN PAUSED

BATTLE MODE

JOYPAD 1

UP GUN DESCEND
DOWN GUN ELEVATE
LEFT TURRET LEFT
RIGHT TURRET RIGHT
FIRE 1 FIRE SHELLS / EXIT MODE

- Wait for any key on loading screen and title screen
    - Patched keys
    - Om screen key instructions changed   
    - Poked version included with Infinite Armour

shacpc

One of the translations from french to spanish that I did some time ago of a simple Cobra Soft game, adapted to full use with a gamepad... bon voyage!

LA CIUDAD INFERNAL  (La Ville Infernale) from Cobra Soft

Controls:
d-pad  UP/Right/Left = Select the direction of your car.
d-pad Down = Stop in Garage.
J1B1 = Accept/confirm/"Yes"
J1B2 = "No"

iXien

Quote from: Phantomz on 14:28, 09 July 24TANK COMMAND / TANK COMMANDER  (AMSOFT GOLD)

INSTRUCTIONS

TACTICAL MODE

JOYPAD 1

UP FORWARD
DOWN REVERSE
LEFT ROTATE LEFT
RIGHT ROTATE RIGHT
FIRE 1 GO TO BATTLE MODE
FIRE 2 TURBO BOOST

JOYPAD 2

FIRE 1 STATUS MODE / PAUSE, J1 B1 TO RETURN TO GAME
FIRE 2 MAP SCREEN, J1 B1 TO LEAVE MAP SCREEN
CONSOLE BUTTON QUIT WHEN PAUSED

BATTLE MODE

JOYPAD 1

UP GUN DESCEND
DOWN GUN ELEVATE
LEFT TURRET LEFT
RIGHT TURRET RIGHT
FIRE 1 FIRE SHELLS / EXIT MODE

- Wait for any key on loading screen and title screen
    - Patched keys
    - Om screen key instructions changed   
    - Poked version included with Infinite Armour
Nice one ;)

Just a suggestion: When you make a poked version, what about a menu to select pokes like we do with Urusergi. Because if some how the text file I insert in the archives Remax upload on the page is lost, we don't exactly know that it is a poked version and what it is offering in details.

iXien

Quote from: shacpc on 14:00, 11 July 24One of the translations from french to spanish that I did some time ago of a simple Cobra Soft game, adapted to full use with a gamepad... bon voyage!

LA CIUDAD INFERNAL (La Ville Infernale) from Cobra Soft

Controls:
d-pad  UP/Right/Left = Select the direction of your car.
d-pad Down = Stop in Garage.
J1B1 = Accept/confirm/"Yes"
J1B2 = "No"
Maybe you can quickly convert the original version in French?

iXien

Quote from: shacpc on 17:46, 07 July 24
Quote from: iXien on 16:48, 07 July 24

Hi, Access to the demo has been corrected. I also realized when reviewing the game again that to exit the demo or the screen you had to use TAB with keyboard: I have changed to J1F1+J1F2. I cannot check the second joystick, since I do not have real equipment now and I work with an emulator that only supports 1 joystick. I have reviewed the lines of code and in principle it should work. The game for 1 player is operational at 100x100. If anyone wants to review this error, I can privately provide you with the .dsk to review the program internally. Thank you very much iXien.
The game remains broken sadly  :picard: J1F1+J1F2 doesn't work to exit demo mode and you can't control the second player with joypad 2.

Phantomz

Quote from: iXien on Yesterday at 22:34Nice one ;)

Just a suggestion: When you make a poked version, what about a menu to select pokes like we do with Urusergi. Because if some how the text file I insert in the archives Remax upload on the page is lost, we don't exactly know that it is a poked version and what it is offering in details.
@iXien

I will look into doing that, no problem.  ;)

I did include trainer menu's in the past, however I remembered that you wanted them without it, as wanted a clean look to the cprs.
I also included poked versions hidden in a few games to keep them with a clean look, one being " kung fu master " and another " Bug's Quest for Tapes ".  :picard:

I fully understand what you mean about not knowing what the poked version is as I came across " Subterranean Stryker " by yourself on the GX4000 converted games page, that includes a normal cpr and a poked version with no description.  :o

I've also noticed that no keys had been remapped on it, so pause and quit do not work, maybe you could do a trainer menu for that and remap the keys whilst having to do the trainer menu.  ;D