News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Commercial release of Splatch! from Mark Roberts ?

Started by TomEtJerry, 14:42, 13 August 14

Previous topic - Next topic

TomEtJerry

Hi,

Is anyone knows if Splatch! has been sold in a commercial release ? Looking at CPC-POWER, sauvegarde du patrimoine de l'Amstrad CPC, there are two differents versions of the game, but no original tape or cover. So, I am a little bit suspicious...

T&J/GPA

EgoTrip

Perhaps it was available on tape/disc through ACU for those who for whatever reason couldn't/wouldn't type it in? Of course this would make it more feasible to include stuff that would make it too long for a magazine listing - it was huge as it was. CwtA also made their type-ins available to purchase on tape.

AMSDOS

Quote from: EgoTrip on 22:23, 13 August 14
Perhaps it was available on tape/disc through ACU for those who for whatever reason couldn't/wouldn't type it in? Of course this would make it more feasible to include stuff that would make it too long for a magazine listing - it was huge as it was. CwtA also made their type-ins available to purchase on tape.

I recall Rock Hopper being available on Tape through ACU for those who didn't want to type it in and that game wasn't as big as Splatch!

But i'm not familiar with this Screenshot:

I would have remembered that one being in the version I typed in, I'm guessing the author made the program available for anyone who sent them a tape/disc perhaps?
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Nich

Quote from: EgoTrip on 22:23, 13 August 14
Splatch! was published on one of the two ACU Anthology compilations (I can't remember which one), and it's this version that contains the loading screen. Both compilations can be downloaded from CPCWiki.

I think Splatch! is quite likely to be the biggest listing that ACU ever published.

Puresox

Love the effect on the title screen , very nice.

MacDeath

Now that's some raster palette change effect... ;D

chinnyhill10

Quote from: TomEtJerry on 14:42, 13 August 14
Hi,

Is anyone knows if Splatch! has been sold in a commercial release ? Looking at CPC-POWER, sauvegarde du patrimoine de l'Amstrad CPC, there are two differents versions of the game, but no original tape or cover. So, I am a little bit suspicious...

T&J/GPA

As others have said, ACU used to sell it on their type in compilations. That's how I got to play the awful Roland Takes A Running Jump. I pity anyone who typed that game in, it sucked!
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

AMSDOS

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 22:46, 15 August 14

As others have said, ACU used to sell it on their type in compilations. That's how I got to play the awful Roland Takes A Running Jump. I pity anyone who typed that game in, it sucked!

I found that game when I was going through all my Disks on my Amstrad the other week oddly enough. It felt good when I got off the first level.  :D 

Agreed it's a hard & fast game, it was only meant to be an example for writing platform games.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

TomEtJerry

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your replies guys ! Now, I can send all these informations to Kukulcan so that the Splatch! page will be updated soon.

And now, I know that I don't have to chase a tape commercial release of the game :-).

T&J/GPA