News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Anarchy poke bug

Started by cpc4eva, 04:55, 03 October 15

Previous topic - Next topic

cpc4eva

just loaded up my disc version of anarchy and found some pokes for it at cpc power when i entered in the poke for temps infini pour les deux joueurs (infinite time for both players) 30B8 CD 21 the game freezes....

i also downloaded the cdt tape file from cpc power loaded the tape up and tried the same poke and again the game just freezes.

anyone have any ideas why ?

also anyone know of an invulnerability poke for this game ??

Nich

Quote from: cpc4eva on 04:55, 03 October 15
just loaded up my disc version of anarchy and found some pokes for it at cpc power when i entered in the poke for temps infini pour les deux joueurs (infinite time for both players) 30B8 CD 21 the game freezes....
I think you're trying to change two bytes of memory. You only need to change one byte (i.e. replace the byte CD at address 30B8 with 21).

Quotealso anyone know of an invulnerability poke for this game ??
No, sorry. I tried hard but I couldn't find one which worked properly. :( It would be useful to have one because some of the enemies are really hard to avoid!

cpc4eva

Many thanks Nich.

yes you are correct as you go up the levels the enemies seem impossible to avoid an invulnerability poke definitely needed for Anarchy.

I was wondering about the Anarchy patch is there extra levels or just return to level 1 after level 16 ??

Nich

Quote from: cpc4eva on 05:18, 04 October 15
I was wondering about the Anarchy patch is there extra levels or just return to level 1 after level 16 ??
I'm not sure what patch you're referring to. The original version of the game crashes after level 16 has been completed so both my and CNGSOFT's cracks patch the game so it loops back to level 1.

The original version also has missing sprite data on a couple of the levels which means that those levels are effectively played in darkness; you can see yourself and the enemies, but you can't see the layout of the level! CNGSOFT's crack corrects this problem, but unfotunately mine doesn't. :(

Carnivius

Quote from: Nich on 10:48, 04 October 15

The original version also has missing sprite data on a couple of the levels which means that those levels are effectively played in darkness; you can see yourself and the enemies, but you can't see the layout of the level! CNGSOFT's crack corrects this problem, but unfotunately mine doesn't. :(

That was a bug?  All these years I've always just assumed the dark levels were deliberate for a bit of extra challenge.  ???
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

tastefulmrship

There's a VERY crude invulnerability POKE for Anarchy - change &3ED0 from 04 to 00. It stops the game from changing the "game loop exit" variable from "collision with enemy" to "null". I'm still tracing backwards to stop the game from even getting that far, so the ship doesn't stick to the enemies during collision (especially nasty with the "homing" enemies as it completely stops you from moving! DANG IT!).

Maybe someone with Z80 skills can help from here?

BINGO! Change the following addresses to NOP;
3D96 - 00
3D97 - 00
3D98 - 00

The original command (JP Z,&3ECA) initiated the "collision with enemy" routine. Now... they sail through you like a cat through hot butter!

NOTE1: Shooting enemies still turns them "solid", so beware! ^_^
NOTE2: Level 8 seems impossible. Is this normal? Ignore that, the cheat works perfectly with CNG & Johnny Olsen's version!
NOTE3: A little screenshot of my last playthrough. All 16 levels done and back to Level 01. NEXT: A level editor?
NOTE4: Replaced image with a crudely programmed trainer - Patched by C.N.G. & Johnny Olsen - Infinite Lives & Time from CPC-Power and bonus INVULNERABILITY and repainted C64 loading screen from myself! Type RUN"ANARCHY.CHT" for trainer or RUN"ANARCHYE" for the original C.N.G. & Johnny Olsen patched version.

Nich

Quote from: Carnivac on 11:07, 04 October 15
That was a bug?  All these years I've always just assumed the dark levels were deliberate for a bit of extra challenge.  ???
I thought that as well for a long time, but the Spectrum and C64 versions don't have dark levels so it must be a bug in the CPC version and not a deliberate decision by the programmer.

Puresox

Fantastic game as I have said before , and the Amstrad version was really a pleasure to play and holds up very well , better than the Spectrum version and maybe on Par with the C64 , It is a shame about the Invisible levels , I was under the opinion they were an extra challenge ,I did complete the one once or twice. But after hearing that the other versions don't have invisibility I guess it was a bug .. Still a great game which I enjoy goingvback too.

Gryzor

Just for the fun of it:

TFM

Quote from: cpc4eva on 04:55, 03 October 15

i also downloaded the cdt tape file from cpc power loaded the tape up and tried the same poke and again the game just freezes.

anyone have any ideas why ?

also anyone know of an invulnerability poke for this game ??

Why do you complian? If the game freezes both player do have infinite time. That's like the guy who brought balance to the power - by erasing the extent of Jedi Knights.  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

cpc4eva

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 11:53, 04 October 15
There's a VERY crude invulnerability POKE for Anarchy - change &3ED0 from 04 to 00. It stops the game from changing the "game loop exit" variable from "collision with enemy" to "null". I'm still tracing backwards to stop the game from even getting that far, so the ship doesn't stick to the enemies during collision (especially nasty with the "homing" enemies as it completely stops you from moving! DANG IT!).

Maybe someone with Z80 skills can help from here?

BINGO! Change the following addresses to NOP;
3D96 - 00
3D97 - 00
3D98 - 00

The original command (JP Z,&3ECA) initiated the "collision with enemy" routine. Now... they sail through you like a cat through hot butter!

NOTE1: Shooting enemies still turns them "solid", so beware! ^_^
NOTE2: Level 8 seems impossible. Is this normal? Ignore that, the cheat works perfectly with CNG & Johnny Olsen's version!
NOTE3: A little screenshot of my last playthrough. All 16 levels done and back to Level 01. NEXT: A level editor?
NOTE4: Replaced image with a crudely programmed trainer - Patched by C.N.G. & Johnny Olsen - Infinite Lives & Time from CPC-Power and bonus INVULNERABILITY and repainted C64 loading screen from myself! Type RUN"ANARCHY.CHT" for trainer or RUN"ANARCHYE" for the original C.N.G. & Johnny Olsen patched version.

Many thanks poke works fine here :)