News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Collection of pictures for the Amstrad CPC

Started by XeNoMoRPH, 10:56, 19 March 20

Previous topic - Next topic

lmimmfn

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 06:48, 16 June 24
What were they thinking with the original?, lol, its worse than something created in MS Paint.

New one looks stunning.
6128 for the win!!!

norecess464

Quote from: lmimmfn on 13:59, 16 June 24What were they thinking with the original?, lol, its worse than something created in MS Paint.
New one looks stunning.
I think it's not fair to compare an image created in 1985 (remember: no OCP etc.) vs. an image created nowadays using modern tools :)
My personal website: https://norecess.cpcscene.net
My current project is Sonic GX, a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog for the awesome Amstrad GX-4000 game console!

HAL6128

Definitely not comparable. :)

Honestly, I still like the first picture. It's a reminiscence to 1985 where a lot of images have been created like this. Sure, it's simple, but saves the spirit from the past very well.
And yes, the second one is a very modern art.
Remember, that game designer in the past had to be multi talents if there were only one or two persons creating a team (programming, painting and creating music, maybe not so good in every aspect).
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

dodogildo

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 07:42, 06 March 24
Sorry but the old version definitely is my favorite.
  ::)
The new one is an excellent art piece, I respect. But for me it's the picture of a mischievous old fellow.

Here's the original cover art btw:

M'enfin!

HAL6128

Don't want to say that TITAN should stop creating images 
 On the contrary, keep on going! It's an enrichment to this forum and/our beloved CPC scene.
Thanks.

abalore

This is a semantic discussion. If you understand the new creations are "replacements" you have reasons to complain. If you see them as "tributes", as I do, all is ok

dodogildo

These new images are so beautiful that anyone playing the game might feel cheated.  
:laugh:
M'enfin!

lmimmfn

Quote from: norecess464 on 17:13, 16 June 24
Quote from: lmimmfn on 13:59, 16 June 24What were they thinking with the original?, lol, its worse than something created in MS Paint.
New one looks stunning.
I think it's not fair to compare an image created in 1985 (remember: no OCP etc.) vs. an image created nowadays using modern tools :)

Ahh no, I understand the time and tools available and programmer is doing art etc., but no I still think its low effort 😀

A good thread would be worst loading screens 😀
6128 for the win!!!

HAL6128

Do you really think that the images created by TITAN are based on low effort?

andycadley

Quote from: HAL6128 on 20:31, 17 June 24Do you really think that the images created by TITAN are based on low effort?
Pretty sure he was referring to the original loading screen for Le Sceptre D'Anubis

Personally I think it's still better than I'd have done, but it is a bit "programmer art"

lmimmfn

Quote from: HAL6128 on 20:31, 17 June 24Do you really think that the images created by TITAN are based on low effort?
Of course not, already said it was excellent.
6128 for the win!!!

pelrun

One should also note that Eric Chahi went on to create Another World, so for all we know there's a whole vector engine behind the creation of this title screen...

("you mean a basic program calling DRAW and FILL, right?" "...shut up" :laugh: )

lmimmfn

Quote from: pelrun on 07:42, 18 June 24One should also note that Eric Chahi went on to create Another World, so for all we know there's a whole vector engine behind the creation of this title screen...

("you mean a basic program calling DRAW and FILL, right?" "...shut up" :laugh: )
Wow good catch, I guess that early loading screen is the beginnings of his vector crusade, interesting from that perspective.
6128 for the win!!!

rexbeng

Well, given the fact that in 1984 Chahi must have been around 15 years old and he was using a primitive drawing package at best, or, most likely, proceduraly generated his pixels natively on a 464, the result is expected. Generative AI and image converters weren't a thing back then. ;D

lmimmfn

Quote from: rexbeng on 06:48, 19 June 24
Well, given the fact that in 1984 Chahi must have been around 15 years old and he was using a primitive drawing package at best, or, most likely, proceduraly generated his pixels natively on a 464, the result is expected. Generative AI and image converters weren't a thing back then. ;D
The internet says he was born in '67 so would have been 16/17 in '84.
Back in those days without drawing packages the norm was to use graph paper, so im still going with low effort :) , i expect it was a loading screen created just for the sake of having one. The game itself graphically looks decent in terms of it being vector line art.
6128 for the win!!!

rexbeng

Graph paper? Bah, I used to sketch outlines on the actual monitor glass using a non permanent marker and then trace them on Art studio.

HAL6128

funny thing ...did almost the same!
put a transparent cling film from kitchen onto the screen and painted the contours (with a permanent marker) on it... :)
Painted pixel by pixel with a type-in program from the CPC International mag from 10/1986.
Due to fact I was owning a green monitor I used only green gradients, which was pretty cool.

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

XeNoMoRPH

Cabal Mockup CPC by Musicman Trencinqdouze

Risky Woods Mockups CPC by Musicman Trencinqdouze

XeNoMoRPH

Cabal Mockups CPC Plus by Musicman Trencinqdouze

ago

It would be so nice if cabal looked like that!! Is it a serious project or just mocking for fun???

dodogildo

I like the original Cabal gfx better. Very stylish. The problem with the CPC version is that it's so slow, it's nearly unplayable.
M'enfin!

XeNoMoRPH

XeNoMoRPH

Quote from: ago on 15:28, 10 July 24It would be so nice if cabal looked like that!! Is it a serious project or just mocking for fun???
only for fun :)