News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

DMA Problem with ROMBoards

Started by Bryce, 18:18, 12 March 12

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

Quote from: arnoldemu on 10:02, 16 March 12
Arnold emulator does.

I tested all that stuff (on a friends PC, late last night, now he has his first CPC emulator *hehe*) and it all works.

So keyscanning is not the issue. This is supported by the fact that I never had problems with my own CPCoG and 6128Plus machines. However I don't exclude the keyscanning completely, just for a feeling in the stomic... (Maybe I should get breakfast now...).
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TFM

Quote from: arnoldemu on 15:27, 16 March 12
I've seen that normally if the switch is off on a romboard, you will see basic rom data at this slot because that is the "default" when romdis is not asserted.

I've seen this with EPROM cards too (Dobbertin, SuperROMPlus).
But MegaFlash, SF2 and the RRB provide always 512 KB external (simulated) ROM.

You are both right. But it never seemed to me to be a problem. On the other hand it's known that the SF2 has issues on the CPC Plus, so maybe THIS is the reason?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Executioner

Quote from: andycadley on 07:43, 16 March 12
I don't think any emulators bother to emulate the issue with keyscanning routines when using a Plus model.

WinAPE does emulate this. Just check "Plus PPI emulation".

TFM

Quote from: Executioner on 23:40, 18 March 12
WinAPE does emulate this. Just check "Plus PPI emulation".

Yes, and I can confirm that working very well/precisely. I could not see a difference to a real Plus (regarding keyscanning or PIO). Compliments for WinApe at this place.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft