News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

RGB adapter to SVideo/Composite for CPC based on AD724

Started by antoniovillena, 01:21, 18 January 15

Previous topic - Next topic

TotO

The problem is not related to the RGB to HDMI convertion but to the electronic embedded into the LCD TV for synching the video signal.

Some weeks ago, I have tried Relentless on the iXien's Toshiba Regza TV (with scart input), Relentless perfectly work during 2 or 3 seconds (the time to said houraaaaa!!!!) then the TV display a blue screen with a "no sync" message, instead of leaving the picture that it can properly handle...  :-\
It does the same using the Scart to HDMI adapter to the HDMI input...

May be, a way will be to disable the "no sync detection" into the LCD TV.  ;D 

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

gerald

Quote from: TotO on 10:09, 23 January 15
It does the same using the Scart to HDMI adapter to the HDMI input...
You just answered my question before I ask  ;)
So we really need a CRT emulator to hdmi/DP  !

Bryce

As long as the signal is being digitally sample anywhere in the system you are going to loose the CRTC tricks. The only way to get these is to stick with analogue only which means reverting to a real CRT.
As it only effects a very small percentage of software, I prefer to have an LCD Monitor that takes up much less space.

Bryce.

gerald

Quote from: Bryce on 11:09, 23 January 15
As long as the signal is being digitally sample anywhere in the system you are going to loose the CRTC tricks. The only way to get these is to stick with analogue only which means reverting to a real CRT.
As it only effects a very small percentage of software, I prefer to have an LCD Monitor that takes up much less space.
CRTC tricks mainly relying on PLL response time or sync hold off. These can be simulated at the expense of some signal processing.
These are perfectly supported on some LCD screen/monitor (where developers cared about compatibility with flacky sources).
The idea would be add a CRT simulation layer between the CPC and the screen, while it would be far better to have it close to the LCD panel drive.

Lazy Dude

Another great hardware project in the making.
It's good that we have so many people that know what they are doing on here (it keeps idiots like me enthralled for days!)

Munchausen

Quote from: talrek on 14:21, 21 January 15
Hi, if someone is interrested I have three left from an old batch made for myself, always Bryce's model

Hi talrek, do you still have any left? I am looking for one!

EDIT: Don't worry after all! It looks as though Bryce still has some!

talrek

Quote from: Munchausen on 21:31, 21 February 15
Hi talrek, do you still have any left? I am looking for one!

EDIT: Don't worry after all! It looks as though Bryce still has some!

No problem ;-)
I still have 3 available  ;) 10 euros each.

Martin

Quote from: talrek on 13:36, 22 February 15
No problem ;-)
I still have 3 available  ;) 10 euros each.

Hi
I'm also very interested. Still any left?

talrek

Sorry, no more left, someone took the 3 left after i converted them to NTSC ;-)

antoniovillena

I have some kits (PCB+components, unmounted) with these prices:
-Only Composite: 7 euros
-SVideo support: 7.50 euros

Shipping cost to EU are included in the price.

Note my model is different that the Bryce one. Please read the first message in the thread.

TFM

Quote from: Martin on 10:25, 01 June 15

Hi
I'm also very interested. Still any left?

If yes, how to PM you guest?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

anyf33