News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Just picked up this little beauty from Ireland

Started by beaker, 15:58, 03 October 13

Previous topic - Next topic

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 19:35, 17 December 13
A success, by all accounts. The best empty case I've seen, and all for the cost of two fingers!

Well he had the cost of sending the Mainboard to me for repair and modification, but that at least means that it won't be just a good looking empty case, but a working highly modified CPC464 too  :)

Bryce.

MacDeath

No FDC, only 64K, poor CRTC model... to me 464 was always an empty box anyway.
;D

But a cool looking box. ;)
Good point you can put a lot of Arduinos and Raspberry PI stuffs inside this.. in addition to good old Motherboard.

TotO

Quote from: MacDeath on 23:13, 17 December 13Good point you can put a lot of Arduinos and Raspberry PI stuffs inside this.. in addition to good old Motherboard.
And check it, so listen music...
Or, you can forget it under the tree and ask to Santa Claus a great 6128 for a best 2014 year.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

MacDeath

Or get the soon to be released Extra 512K card from totO. ;)

beaker

Awe lads, all the mocking of the poor 464 has left it feeling a little grey!  :laugh:

[attach=2]

Bryce

Ooo, starting to look like the 464 Prototype :) Just needs a slight hint of brown.

Bryce.

Devilmarkus

When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

TFM

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 18:15, 20 December 13
Can't wait to see the final result ;)

Well, yes. I even could imagine that it somehow may look a bit like a CPC 464 from Amstrad  :laugh:
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Devilmarkus

Quote from: TFM on 18:20, 20 December 13
Well, yes. I even could imagine that it somehow may look a bit like a CPC 464 from Amstrad  :laugh:

Really?
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

TotO

I hope that you have paint the both shoes.

beaker

Meanwhile after 6 coats of paint.... Black Ninja 464!!!  ::)

[attach=2]

Bryce

Looks good. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like with the keys installed. The contrast should look pretty cool.

Bryce.

beaker

Hopefully :D

I'll put a bit more time into it tomorrow as after I killed the PSU on my HxC while it was attached to the BBC Micro, I think I've now broken my BBC Micro as well (after TheCorfiot put all that time into refurbishing before Christmas)  :'( When I first turn it on it either doesn't boot properly, or the game (Arcadians) starts juddering or the TurboMMC doesn't load the game properly.

I actually feel like I'm 5 again and broken my new favourite toy. Gutted!

Bryce

Check the ROMs are seated properly. My Master takes a wobbly every so often when the Dual-Boot ROM PCB has come loose. I think you've one of those too don't you?

Bryce.

beaker

Is this the one you're thinking of with the MOS Selector?

[attach=2]

I bought it for the Master I bought from Badstarr and yourself that I will get around to installing.

The Micro has the standard ROM and MMC in the left most sockets, and the 2 sockets on the right populated.

[attach=3][attach=4]

What do I need to do to re-seat them? Do I just push them down or do I need to lift them slightly then push back down sorry?

Bryce

Pushing them down is usually enough.

This is the one I meant (and have): The RetroClinic Dual OS switchable ROM board

The fact that the PCB is off-centre makes it prone to shake loose when you transport the computer.

Bryce.

beaker

I know what you're thinking - probably going to look even more pants when it's covered in fingerprints  :laugh:

[attach=2]

gerald

Small question : how did you manage to remove the amtrad logo plate ? Is it still usable ?

arnoldemu

Quote from: beaker on 15:48, 12 January 14
I know what you're thinking - probably going to look even more pants when it's covered in fingerprints  :laugh:

[attach=2]
Ooh shiny
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

beaker

Quote from: gerald on 16:02, 12 January 14
Small question : how did you manage to remove the amtrad logo plate ? Is it still usable ?

I probably did it wrong. I just pushed them out from behind and then used the flat blade of a metal scraper to pull them off but like the rest of the machine, they're not in the greatest shape. I'm guessing I probably should have heated it up a bit to reactivate the glue and they would have come off easier, but I wasn't planning to use them again.

Bryce

beaker

lol, it looks crap and you can hear the static electricity built up on it, but by heck it's warm  :laugh:

Gryzor

So shiny! So cool! So fingerprint-prone! (are there shiny paints that are fingerprint-resistant?)

Yeah, the label looks unusable now unfortunately... what if you had carefully covered it? Any ideas what to do now?

Bryce

I've managed to repair similar metal labels by flattening them again. The most successful attempt (and I tried some even crazier methods :D ) was using a rolling pin which gave it a slight curve down at each end, which then flattened completely when it was glued back in place.

Bryce.