News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

DualOS

Started by Bryce, 18:46, 15 January 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

Wouldn't FOS boot automatically if you put it in one of the slots? I thought that would be your main reason for having it, I was suprised you hadn't mentioned it up to now.

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: steve on 14:22, 07 March 12
Yes please, I may not need it now but it may appeal to someone in the future, I might use it to put SymbOS in one of my CPC's either that or on a cartridge.

Well, the QuaDOS solution will not help you for SOS. Because if you want to load SOS from ROMs then you need four ROMs to be present all the time. In contrast the QuaDOS allows to use one 16 KB ROM at a time out of a choice of four. So either you load SOS from a disc or you need to use the MegaFlash.

Quote from: Bryce on 16:56, 07 March 12
Wouldn't FOS boot automatically if you put it in one of the slots? I thought that would be your main reason for having it, I was suprised you hadn't mentioned it up to now.

Also FutureOS needs four ROMs to be present at the same time (because it runs in the ROMs and jumps from ROM to ROM directly).
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus