Relevant to the spanish wikipedia entry: it's also available in english (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SymbOS) and, respecting the license, we could use the same text here, even combined with your original text... What do you think? Gryzor 15:56, 10 August 2006 (CEST)
- Yes, I could do this. As this project is not commercial, we respect the license in any case, don't we? -- Prodatron 18:04, 10 August 2006 (CEST)
- Done -- Prodatron 19:53, 10 August 2006 (CEST)
Please correct the link in the sidebar (Symbos -> SymbOS) and remove the "/Symbiface" (or add it to a new section), because the Symbiface article is now a seperate article. --Octoate 22:04, 10 August 2006 (CEST)
- have changed it Kangaroo MusiQue of HJT 22:46, 10 August 2006 (CEST)
This part of the CPC Wiki contains some advertisment-like passages. For example "SymbOS belongs to the largest retro computing software projects of the last years.". There are / have been other / bigger projects in the last years. If you talk about retro computing then look from Amiga to Zenith, not only Amstrad. But also on Amstrad the last 5 years there were some project as big or maybe bigger than SymbOS. Xyran80 19:30, 10 December 2008 (UTC)
Yes, right, its good to delete the advertisment passage. But the sos article is in common written well. Only few points need to be corrected. By the way. Good work. TFM.
SymBasic a hoax?
Please proove the existence of SymBasic and provide a link to at least a beta version. Xyran80 19:41, 10 December 2008 (UTC)
Now, I'm not Xran or somebody else, but I think this guy is right with his logic. So I have to revert the revert. Just unproof his argumentation. Further I was forced to remove other advertisment like sentences. We all can make this text better. Thank you for your contribution. TFM.
About second identities. Fact is that Prodatron use the pseuo Rode as second identity. Therefore he thinks that I would do the same. Well, guess your are just wrong. TFM.
- TFM, you are "ETSoft", "Gorim", "Xyran80" and whoever etc etc. Or do all these guys use the same PC/internet connection at your home? Prodatron
So, you proove me right. Rode and you are the same person. Good to know. Interesting that you know all about my home. As a good poker player you shouldn't make a such bad bluff. In this case you burst, that means I'm not that bunch of identities, may you find some more? Would be of interest. May be hard to believe for you, but there are more people that think my way that you think.
However you can revert the SOS article 1000 times. I just can't accept your lies any longer. Why do you do that? SOS is a nice project, you don't need all that lies and backdoor attacks. So you force me to overwork the SOS article again.
I don't like the actual situation as less as you, but enough is enough. You started it and I will try to do a good job here in CPC Wiki. Thats all. Bye, TFM.
- I am not Rode, are you crazy?!?? I just wrote, that you and all the guys, with which you made monologizes in your Fos mailinglist etc. used the same home Inet connection (which more or less proves, that it's the same person). The same for your new CPCWiki account here. Sure I will correct the SymbOS article if necessary again. Prodatron
Do you think that you are the only guy here that is able to read an IP address. I have prooved that, but I never talked officially about this, because you can't exclude that just another mystical person uses a certain computer. But for me its clear that you're Rode. Looking forward for a long night ;-) and productive discussions. And don't care about the sos article, now I keep care! Have a good time. TFM.
SymbOS is a big project, but not the biggest of all retro computers in the last years. Please provide the size of the OS binaries in KB. Only the OS, not the applications. Prodatron if you can't proove your advertisment style text, it must be deleted. That were in principle your own words. So provide to us what you want from other people. Have a good evening. TFM.
- All data about the size and whatever of SymbOS is available in the internet. Prodatron
That's exactly what I want to hear. Thanks! So if I take that sizes, then it turns out that there are other bigger projects. TFM.
- Ok, together with your post in the fos list it doesn't make sense anymore. Blocked until further discussion. Prodatron
- @TFM: judging a project's size by its weight in KB is just plain stupid. A project is judged by what it does, not by how much space it occupies in RAM. Otherwise an efficient programmer would be less worthy than someone who produces bloatware... I think I'll unprotect the Talk page because the discussion is taking an interesting turn, and also because it's not a way to prevent comments in every article.... ON SECOND THOUGHT: Guys, please let's move this discussion to the Forum, this is where it belongs. Ok?? LET'S DISCUSS IT IN THE FORUM! Oh, also: SymbOS OF COURSE is a Windows-like GUI, what are you talking about? It's as close to Windows as we can get on the CPC...
SYMBiFACE II RTC support
This is correct, SymbOS uses the RTC in binary mode, and if the values are out of range, the clock will be zeroed at startup. There is currently no BCD->binary conversion. So you can leave this entry of course. Prodatron 17:23, 13 January 2009 (UTC)