CPC Loader is not an emulator exactly. CPCGamesCD is the main objective of CPC Loader: a CDROM containing a navigable database with all the games of the Amstrad/Schneider CPC, similar to MameUI, including screenshots of the games and information about publisher, year and type of game (sports, action,...).
But CPC Loader is not only a frontend. It includes tools for extracting and creating dsk images and creating new games collections. WinApe, JavaCPC, CPCE and the internal emulators (Caprice32 v4 and Arnold 2002) support the autotype feature: if you want to play a game just select and enter it in the Explore window and it will run automatically. This removes the need to type run"gamename.bas" etc.
CPC Loader is developed by Troels K and CPCGamesCD and its screenshots are compiled by MiguelSky.
Last CPCGamesCD update: 11/12/2016:
- Includes frontend, new CPC Loader 3 by Troels K
- Includes 197 Amstrad PCW games
- Includes NVG games update 03.12.2016
- Includes NVG maps update 03.12.2016 and more
- Includes Snap-Pack by MiguelSky (4458 images)
- Added version Jun112016 of Arnold emulator
- Added version 2.9.5b of JavaCPC Desktop emulator
- Added version 2.0b2 of WinAPE emulator
- Added version 1.7.0 of PCW emulator