Xyphoe's Vids - [AMSTRAD CPC] R-Type 128K Remake - Exclusive Preview!

Started by NewsBot, 14:00, 15 January 11

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

[AMSTRAD CPC] R-Type 128K Remake - Exclusive Preview!
15 January 2011, 1:50 pm

Amstrad CPC - remake of R-Type (for 128k machines) EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW VIDEO!! Hey guys I'm very excited to bring you a sneak peek preview video of the work done so far on the remake of the Amstrad port of R-Type! (** PLEASE NOTE THIS IS ON AN EMULATOR, THINGS LOOK AND MOVE A LOT NICER ON A REAL AMSTRAD! **) A long time ago, the Amstrad received the port of the legendary coin-op R-Type, it was OK but it was a rush job and was just completely ported from the (excellent) Speccy version. Very little enhancements were made, apart from workarounds to get it displaying correctly on the CPC, this resulted in further overheads and thus ended up being slower and far less impressive than the Spectrum original. The Easter Egg team began work on improving the game back in December 2009, now a year later you get to see their progress! What started out as just improving the graphics, sound effects and music, turned into a massive rewrite of the game improving and enhancing many aspects and introducing even more new stuff. The original Amstrad programmer Keith Goodyer even turned up on the CPC Wiki forums to assist and give his side of the story! Then Bob Pape the Spectrum version programmer came forward with some of his original code! That then became the base for this remake... This is still the unfinished preview version bare in mind, but already we have an amazing improvement and a port all Amstrad fans can be proud of... Enjoy! Full discussion right from the beginning of this project ...
Time: 10:03More in Gaming

Source: Uploads by Xyphoe

This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

redbox

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Xyphoe

Quote from: TotO on 17:23, 31 January 11
Over 2500 views in 2 weeks ; Great !!!
8)

Yea I know that's pretty amazing! Couldn't believe how quick the number of hits it was getting! I think it's started to level out and tail off now but a few thousand more and it'll be in the top most viewed Amstrad vids on YouTube :)

TMR

Quote from: Xyphoe on 09:19, 01 February 11
Yea I know that's pretty amazing! Couldn't believe how quick the number of hits it was getting! I think it's started to level out and tail off now but a few thousand more and it'll be in the top most viewed Amstrad vids on YouTube :)

i've seen the link turn up in several places including the Atari 8-bit section of Atari Age, word really has got around! =-)

ukmarkh

Where's the flippin demo to keep us all happy! C'mon, even if it's just one level we need to play it. For christ sake take pity on our souls  :'( 

fano

Quote from: TMR on 12:14, 01 February 11
i've seen the link turn up in several places including the Atari 8-bit section of Atari Age, word really has got around!
Thank for the hint , that's a shame they are not well informed about CPC to avoid stupid bitching.
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

Xyphoe

Quote from: fano on 18:25, 01 February 11
Thank for the hint , that's a shame they are not well informed about CPC to avoid stupid bitching.

Where's the topic on there?

I can't find it - searched for "rtype", "r-type", "amstrad" etc on there but no joy - unless their search function is broken.

fano

"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

sigh

Quote from: fano on 18:25, 01 February 11

Well it's nice that TMR gave some knowledge on the Format War link.

Xyphoe

Quote from: fano on 07:34, 02 February 11
http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/175790-horizontal-scrolling-shootemup/page__p__2188491__hl__cpc__fromsearch__1#entry2188491

Cheers!

Hmm ... only a few comments there, a little bit negative but I wouldn't take anything to heart. From experience Atari 8-bit fanatics are a lot worse and much more overly zealous than C64 fanboys, rather religiously devoted to their system being the best to the point of obsession. But that may just be a few bad apples in the minority I've come across.

There's a few YouTube comments on other videos I've just deleted from Atari nerds getting all het up over 'OMG this version sucks compared to the Atari version' where in most cases it clearly isn't.

redbox

Quote from: Xyphoe on 18:12, 30 December 78
From experience Atari 8-bit fanatics are a lot worse and much more overly zealous than C64 fanboys, rather religiously devoted to their system being the best to the point of obsession. But that may just be a few bad apples in the minority I've come across.

You're right, I find most of them like that too - they are obsessed::)

Mind you, the Atari logo does rock  8)

TMR

Quote from: sigh on 14:57, 02 February 11
Well it's nice that TMR gave some knowledge on the Format War link.

Oh! i didn't realise anyone here apart from perhaps Paul was aware of Format War and i don't like to mention it because i worry it looks like i'm touting for business! The "idea" there was to draw these "X is better than Y" discussions away from boards where they're not necessarily wanted, because personally i like those discussions as a way to learn about new machines but simultaneously don't like upsetting forum admins.

As regards Atari fanboys, there's a few over there are the obsessive kind but that's probably true of just about any group of 8-bit bunnies; that said, it was a couple of particularly heated debates at Atari Age that saw Format War being thrown together from a special offer domain and a phpBB3 install in the first place...

Gryzor

Hands up those who wanna see the video as the wiki's main page vid? ;)

ervin

MacDeath

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TotO

YEHHH ! 3000 !!!  :P
If the video reached 5000, you will know the release date.  :angel:
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TFM

Quote from: TotO on 19:43, 12 February 11
YEHHH ! 3000 !!!  :P
If the video reached 5000, you will know the release date.  :angel:

Yes, ok it's the year 5000, but which month?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TotO

Oh SH@#!, how do you know that ??!  :laugh:

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

TotO