News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

HxC with 8GB SD card

Started by xesrjb, 12:33, 20 December 10

Previous topic - Next topic

emuola

Amstrad CPC 6128+ and internal HxC floppy emulator

Gryzor

Jeff, wouldn't it be nice to release a document with the various error codes?

Jeff_HxC2001

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:35, 12 April 11
Jeff, wouldn't it be nice to release a document with the various error codes?

Which error code ?

Gryzor

Quote from: Jeff_HxC2001 on 13:42, 12 April 11
Which error code ?

All the errors we've seen, like the [64] or the one above... I don't know how many there are, but few or many, they'd make a great addition to the documentation...

Jeff_HxC2001

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:50, 12 April 11
All the errors we've seen, like the [64] or the one above... I don't know how many there are, but few or many, they'd make a great addition to the documentation...

This is a CPC error code.
I don't have the exact meaning.

norecess

Jeff, he meant this :

ret=Floprd((unsigned char*)&sector, floppydrive, 0, 255, 1 );
if(!ret)
{
dass=(direct_access_status_sector *)sector;
if(!strcmp(dass->DAHEADERSIGNATURE,"HxCFEDA"))
{
hxc_printf(FIRMWARE_VERSION_X_POS,FIRMWARE_VERSION_Y_POS,"- Firmware %s" ,dass->FIRMWAREVERSION);
return 1;
}

hxc_printf_box_error("Bad signature - HxC Floppy Emulator not found!");
}
hxc_printf_box_error("ERROR: Floppy Access error!  [%d]",ret);

hxc_printf_box_error function being a blocking one cf. never returns

Jeff_HxC2001

Quote from: norecess on 18:43, 12 April 11
Jeff, he meant this :

ret=Floprd((unsigned char*)&sector, floppydrive, 0, 255, 1 );
   if(!ret)
   {
      dass=(direct_access_status_sector *)sector;
      if(!strcmp(dass->DAHEADERSIGNATURE,"HxCFEDA"))
      {
         hxc_printf(FIRMWARE_VERSION_X_POS,FIRMWARE_VERSION_Y_POS,"- Firmware %s" ,dass->FIRMWAREVERSION);
         return 1;
      }

hxc_printf_box_error("Bad signature - HxC Floppy Emulator not found!");
   }
   hxc_printf_box_error("ERROR: Floppy Access error!  [%d]",ret);

hxc_printf_box_error function being a blocking one cf. never returns

Yes i know... but as i wrote the value in "ret" come from the Amstrad CPC OS (from the floppy read sector function ...) that's all...

norecess

Ah, ok. I can not help on my side too. Perhaps Kevin Thacker can? (arnoldemu)

TFM

Quote from: Jeff_HxC2001 on 19:25, 12 April 11
Yes i know... but as i wrote the value in "ret" come from the Amstrad CPC OS (from the floppy read sector function ...) that's all...

I wished I would have the time to make a FutureOS version out of it. That would omit some probs.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Jeff_HxC2001

Quote from: emuola on 20:07, 11 April 11
I tried the latest fw (1.6.0) and latest selector 2.1a. Unfortunately I still get the weird "every folder has the same files" -problem.

Is this a known problem?

Good news: I finally found the source of the bug ..... into the SDCC compiler  ::) ...
Norecess will release the stable version of the file image selector very soon.  :)

emuola

Awesome work Jeff :) You rock \m/

norecess

QuoteNorecess will release the stable version of the file image selector very soon.

Yeah it should be released during this week-end or in the very beginning of next week, it all depends about my available spare time versus family constraints  8)

TFM

Quote from: Jeff_HxC2001 on 22:29, 14 April 11
Good news: I finally found the source of the bug ..... into the SDCC compiler  ::) ...

The worst case! But helps oneself to get thrust in the own code again :-)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

norecess

Here we are : version 2.2 of the manager just got released ! http://www.norecess.net/hxc-floppy-emulator-manager.html
If you have issues with the version, please give your reports here.

emuola

Woohoo! With some initial tests I can confirm that now the files/folders are displayed correctly :D This is pure awesomeness ;) Thank you guys for your efforts!

Ynot.zer0

I just installed the latest firmware* and tested HxC 2.2 and I must say it is "awesome"!

I have my HxC SDCard connected to my 6128+ as |B drive and the previous versions would not load for me, but this version works absolutely fine.  It is very fast and works a treat.  I am very happy - and would really advise others to upgrade or start with this version.

*Just to mention - I had to install the firmware from v1 and then upgrade to v1.6 (even though I had 1.3 installed) - after I did it from scratch, everything worked superbly.

Great job guys - very impressed, keep up the good work  8)

EDIT: One thing I did notice.... having the HxC SDCard as |B drive, if I kept a disc in the internal disc drive and run"HXC, it would error with an 'error [64]' message.  After ejecting the internal disc and retrying, the HxC2.2 initialises okay and everything works okay.  Was this just something I did wrong or is this a known issue?  (I confess I've not read all 8 pages of this thread to check)