News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

HxC with 8GB SD card

Started by xesrjb, 12:33, 20 December 10

Previous topic - Next topic

xesrjb

I put all my games on this a 8GB SD card in directories called A - Z. If I go in one of this directory and made serveral scrolls, after the 6 or 7th scroll the filename were shown only in slow-motion.

Any hints? :(

xesrjb
,,The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true."

Jeff_HxC2001

This is a "bug". i have already corrected this on the amiga version.
In fact the FAT cache setting is too low. Easy to correct this on Amiga, less on CPC (memory size problem).

For the moment i am a little busy so please be patient for the new version. (NoRecess maybe?)

norecess

Well I can eventually help I guess  :P

emuola

What is the approximate maximum number of files/folder before the scrolling starts to go nuts? I have the same setup (8 gb + a-z folders), so I was wondering how to circumvent this problem?
Amstrad CPC 6128+ and internal HxC floppy emulator

TFM

So... is it better to NOT use subfolders?

Is it more efficient to put all disc-images in the main directory?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Jeff_HxC2001

Quote from: TFM/FS on 23:54, 20 December 10
So... is it better to NOT use subfolders?

Is it more efficient to put all disc-images in the main directory?

No...

So :
For the moment i am a little busy so please be patient for the new version. (NoRecess maybe?)

emuola

Sorry Jeff_HxC2001, but I was just asking if there is any way to make a usable sd-card in the mean time?  It takes ages to copy the files to the sd-card even in Winblows, so it would be very useful to know what is the approximate theoretical limit for the number of files or folders for the current version of the software?

I really don't mean to put the pressure on you, I just thought that maybe you could share this info for the mean time.

The software makes using the floppy emulator soo much easier. Thank you for making this possible : :D

xesrjb

,,The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true."

Jeff_HxC2001

emuola

Any news on this improved file selector for Amstrad? Sorry, I could not resist :)

norecess

Yeah, I did minor improvements last week on file selector. Next version will also allow the user to edit HxC's sound parameters (on-off for disc access or UI stuff).
The next release will include this as also the changes to be done this week by Jeff.

emuola

emuola

Don't want to be a pita, but what's the status of the new file selector for Amstrad? I saw Jeff posted new versions for Amiga/ST, but the CPC-version was the "old" one.

norecess

Let's say we both face time constraints...  :D don't worry we focus on it

emuola

Great :) Thanks in advance!

xesrjb

Gryzor

Really glad to see it's coming along :)

Jeff_HxC2001

Actually i got some hard time, to the release will be a little late...
But don't worry i don't forget cpc users  ;D .

TFM

Quote from: Jeff_HxC2001 on 00:19, 04 March 11

Hey, take your time. We all have a real life. And better you take more time, than to do it too quick (with maybe a bug). Thank's a lot for the wonderful HxC and it's software. :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Quote from: Jeff_HxC2001 on 00:19, 04 March 11

Thanks man... I hope all gets better for your :)

Btw, care sharing how many you have sold?

Jeff_HxC2001

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:04, 04 March 11
Thanks man... I hope all gets better for your :)

Btw, care sharing how many you have sold?

Actually more than 916..., 1000 very soon....
The average sale per month is 100 (120...80)
This device is used in very differents enviroments : retro computing (cpc,atari, amiga,...), music : synth and samplers , industrial : cnc and scientist machine.

And all of this in less than a year... i am surprised (and Lotharek too) by this success.
In fact we have to make urgently two small society last summer to avoid lot of legal issues regarding this success.

So my hardware/software devellopment around this isn't over, and some new hardware will be probably be released this year  ;)

Gryzor

1000?? Wow... that's really amazing!!! Say, can I reserve the actual #1000? :)

Well done mate, well done!

xesrjb

emuola

one push from here also ;)

Jeff_HxC2001

Quote from: emuola on 19:46, 24 March 11
one push from here also ;)

Ok so it seems that it's time to make available at least an alpha version  ;D

Download Attached.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV