News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPCZone Gamebase

Started by AMSDOS, 10:29, 09 October 10

Previous topic - Next topic

AMSDOS

I just came across some traces of the CPCZone Gamebase, did anyone know about the gamebase kind of being still around?

Here's the link anyway.

http://cpczone.emuunlim.org:88/section/a
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

eliot

Hi!
The most current reliable gamebase is now CPC POWER. You can choose you language by clicking on the ***small*** flags in the middle graphics.
Everybody can complete the game-files. Maybe, with the Malc's authorization, it could be possible to transfer the infos, mainly OCRed instructions which are the most interesting informations and sometimes missing on CPC POWER, especially in english language.
http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=langue&onglet=en

Ygdrazil

CPC Power is an impressive piece of work..  :)

It's been discussed elsewhere here in the forum how to incoorperate the Zone in some form or another to avoid the info beeing lost forever. However I don't think that we should expect Malc to allow us to do anything with the Zone DB!

A shame really ...

/Ygdrazil

Quote from: eliot on 11:41, 09 October 10
Hi!
The most current reliable gamebase is now CPC POWER. You can choose you language by clicking on the ***small*** flags in the middle graphics.
Everybody can complete the game-files. Maybe, with the Malc's authorization, it could be possible to transfer the infos, mainly OCRed instructions which are the most interesting informations and sometimes missing on CPC POWER, especially in english language.
http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=langue&onglet=en

AMSDOS

Yeah I know about CPC Power!  :) 

I was just having a bit of fun reading the comments I was making about the Amstrad Action Action Pack Covertapes!  ;D  Gee I was a nasty piece of work commenting on those Covertapes, if anything AA were perhaps under the pump to get something for everyone. I could see how programs like Utilities could become problematic when you were a dedicated long-term collector of AA magazines, cause you just start piling up the number of Art, Sound, Spreadsheet, WP, Database programs. AA were good in the sense they didn't put the same program on the tape further down the track.

Sorry I just draw too much attention to myself!  :'(  Everyone here is cool!  ;D

Your Computer Programs

ukmarkh

CPC Power lacks one thing... the English Language, a piss poor attempt has been incorporated to help things a little, but as soon as you click on a game or document, the English translation falls by the wayside. 

Gryzor

CPC Power is great, indeed, but ukMarkh is right and, after all, there are no comments? Also, CPCZone was better in technical and aesthetic terms, though CPC Power has much more info on each release.

In any case, this is not what this thread is about, this is about part of the Gamebase db (interesting... though it's not opening right now).

What pisses me off is that many people (myself included) put lots of time into it, commenting and reviewing stuff... and now it's all down the drain >:(

redbox

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely"

Which is why it's so great that not just one person has control over this website, as we all know what the outcome can be if that happens  :(

Gryzor

Actually, you'd be surprised how much this site has evolved organizationally speaking over the past few years. Very organically and very neatly. I like it :)

AMSDOS

I can only stress the importance of Backing up. True if there is a situation where it's the duty of a sole maintainer to do this, then perhaps a site needs a number of maintainers when a site gets quite big. As a rule though, I've backup my website in case something happens to it and hope my backup doesn't disappear (some people backup twice because of this)!

Your Computer Programs

Gryzor

The wiki has grown pretty huge, believe me! But it's not only me :)